The optical fiber, POF (Plastic Optical Fiber), is a very thin thread that is made of transparent plastic materials. When pulses of light are sent, it is trapped inside the fiber due to an optical technique called “total internal reflection”, so that light from a source is reflected back and forth to the end of the fiber
The end point fiber is a plastic strand without jacket that is why it is so flexible an able to be adapted without inconvenience to different type of installations. It is used for point applications, such as starry sky effects, armed with grids or combs, posters, curtains, with color changes, movement, writing, flash, etc.
The ADVANTAGES of Fiber Optic Lighting are:
– It is not conductive to ELECTRICITY and does not transfer HEAT.
– It does not transfer ultraviolet (UV) or infrared (IR) radiation.
– Energy saving, LOW CONSUMPTION.
– Indicated to illuminate places with FIRE HAZARD or with hazardous materials.
The FIBER OPTIC LIGHTING SYSTEM consists of:
– A light source generator (Illuminator)
– Fiber optics
– Final accessories